FSFE wants to help people understand and use Free Software licenses effectively. On this page we provide links to material from us and from other organizations that may assist when releasing code or working with the larger community.
- What is software licensing?
- Reporting and fixing violations
- Building legal infrastructure for your Free Software project
GNU (L)GPL resources:
Useful GNU GPL version 3 resources:
- Learn more about the GNU GPL version 3
- A quick guide to GPLv3
- The GNU GPL version 3 licence text
- The GNU LGPL version 3 licence text
- Translations of the GNU GPL and LGPL version 3
Useful GNU GPL version 2 resources:
European Legal Network resources:
The network occasionally produces public documentation to help people explore and understand legal matters. These are discussion documents and the contents do not constitute legal advice or necessarily reflect the opinions of any contributor, including those of FSFE. You can find out more about these documents on the independent network wiki.