AGNULA Trademark License V 1.0
Trademarks are monopolies usually granted to single companies and used restrictively to prevent competition. By contrast, the AGNULA Trademark License is intended to create an advantage for anyone doing business based on the ethical principles of Free Software.
The Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE) grants to You a world-wide, perpetual, nonexclusive, nontransferable, nonrevocable and royalty free license of the Community Trade Mark no 002.778.165, "AGNULA" in its original and/or graphically/linguistically altered form, provided you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- 1. The legal warden of the trade mark and party to this agreement must be clearly identified as "Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE), in the name of the former AGNULA consortium."
- 2. The trade mark "AGNULA" may only in connections with distributions and/or products that
- - are GNU based, such as GNU/Linux, GNU/HURD or GNU/Darwin; -- AND --
- - contain Free Software only; Free Software being defined as software providing the following freedoms
-- AND --
- 0. The freedom to run the program, for any purpose.
- 1. The freedom to study how the program works, and adapt it to your needs. Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
- 2. The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor.
- 3. The freedom to improve the program, and release your improvements to the public, so that the whole community benefits. Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
- - are derived from or in cooperation with the AGNULA "A GNU/Linux Audio distribution" project (IST-2001-34879).
- 3. Any use of the trade mark "AGNULA" shall be prohibited in any form in connection with any distribution or product containing proprietary (non-free) software. Proprietary software shall be defined as any software not qualifying as Free Software under requirement 2.
- 4. The trade mark "AGNULA" may not be used to indicate any kind of endorsement by the FSFE, official status with respect to the FSFE, or any kind of relationship with the FSFE aside from complying with the requirements defined under Sections 1 thru 3.
- 5. Sub-licensing is not permitted under this license.
- 6. The Free Software Foundation Europe (FSFE) and its acknowledged sister organisations shall be authorised to monitor license infringements regarding Your compliance with these requirements.
- 7. FSFE shall only be liable for any lack of title in the trade mark, including, but not limited to, for infringements upon third party's trade marks or other third party rights, if FSFE's did conceal this lack of title with fraudulent intent.
- 8. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE FSFE, ANY MEMBER OF THE FORMER AGNULA CONSORTIUM, OR ANY OF THEIR TRUSTEES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS OR EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO USE OF THE AGNULA TRADEMARK, INCLUDING ECONOMIC DAMAGES AND LOST PROFITS, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER FSFE SHALL BE ADVISED, SHALL HAVE OTHER REASON TO KNOW, OR IN FACT SHALL KNOW OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THE FOREGOING.
If you have questions, there is an AGNULA trademark license FAQ that may be useful to you.