21 February 2014:
I love Free Software Day 2014
Valentine's Day traditionally is a day to show and celebrate love. So why do not take this as a chance to show your love for Free Software this year?
#ilovefs day 2014
As every year, Valentine's Day will be celebrated on the 14th of February, which will be a Friday this year. Similar to last year, the FSFE is planning an online campaign to celebrate this day as an "I love Free Software" - Day.
Campaign: Spread your love for Free Software
Our online campaign aims at rising awareness to Free Software and the passionate, hard-working people behind it. Show them that you appreciate their work – it could make all the difference! Others already did so, to get inspired you can read why they love Free Software.
Of course, there are lots of ways to declare one's love... Here are just some ideas about how you can go public and proclaim your love to Free Software.
- E-mail/Letters Send active Free Software supporters a message thanking them for their work. Do not underestimate the effects of such a message. As many Free Software developers work hard for their projects without earning money, a big "thank you" / "love you" is like good fuel for their further encouragement.
- Microblog Especially on Valentine's Day, microblog about how you love Free Software, and use the Hashtag #ilovefs. Encourage your friends to do as well, let us try to push our message in a high ranking on Twitter trends and hashtag timelines in identi.ca and other blogging system.
- Blog If you are a Blogger, blog about the "I love Free Software" - Day and the idea behind it. Get people attracted by the idea of Free Software.
- Banners We set up a page showing different banners that support the "I love Free Software" - Day and that are free to use. Some even come along with code snippets to easily implement it on your homepage or blog.
Show your love - Individually
- Hug a developer (Obviously better to ask permission first ; )
- Buy your favourite developer a drink. Or buy someone else a drink and while savouring it, tell him/her about your favorite Free Software application!
- Use your lunch break at work to talk with your colleagues about Free Software and why it is worth to support our movement.
- Send a book to your favourite contributor and support FSFE at the same time.
- Send us pictures of how you are expressing your feelings for Free Software. We will publish them on our website, making a gallery of Free Software lovers from around the world!
- order some from us, or from your favourite Free Software project. Wear shirts and sweaters showing your support for Free Software. If you need new stuff, you can
- Money can't buy you love... but it can help to fight for your freedom. Donate to FSFE or another Free Software initiative to express your gratitude. They depend on your contribution to continue their work. So check out your favourite organisation and make a donation. You can be sure they will love you back.
11 February 2014:
21 February 2013:
12 February 2013:
23 February 2012: