Call for sessions at the FSFE assembly during 34C3
From December 27 to 30, the 34th Chaos Communication Congress will be held in Leipzig. As in recent years, the FSFE is happy to host an assembly that includes an information booth and a meeting point for all Free Software enthusiasts and our friends to come together. We offer a stage and look for interesting self-organised sessions for our community. This is the corresponding call for participation.
For our sessions at the FSFE assembly, we are looking for inspiring talks, hands-on workshops, community/developer/strategy meetings or any other public, informative or collaborative activities. Topics can be anything that is about or related to Free Software. We welcome technical sessions but we encourage to give non-technical talks that address philosophical, economical or other aspects of/about Free Software. We also enjoy sessions about related subjects that have a clear connection to Free Software, for example privacy, data protection, sustainability and similar topics. Finally, we welcome all backgrounds – from your private project to global community projects.
Do you have something different in mind? For our friends, it is also possible to have informal meetings, announcements or other activities at our assembly. In this case, get in touch and we will see what we can do.
If you are interested in hosting a session at the FSFE assembly, please apply no later than
** Sunday, November 19, 18:00 UTC **
by sending an email to Erik Albers (OpenPGP) with the subject “Session at 34C3” and use the following template:
- Title: name of your session
- Description: description of your session
- Type: talk / discussion / meeting / workshop …
- Tags: put useful tags here
- Link: (if there is a helpful link)
- Expected number of participants: 20 or less / up to 40 / up to 100
- About yourself: some words about you/your biography
You will be informed latest on Monday, November 27, if your session is accepted.
Good to know
- If your session is accepted we happily take care of its proper organisation, advertising and everything else that needs to be done. You are then welcome to simply come and give/host your session. But please note that this is neither a guarantee of a ticket, nor do we take care of your ticket! Check the CCC-announcements and get yourself a ticket in time.
- You do not need to be a supporter of the FSFE to host a session. On the contrary, we welcome external guests.
- Please share this call with your friends or your favourite mailing list.
- For your inspiration to this call, see our sessions during 33C3 and 32C3.
- With the CCC moving from Hamburg to Leipzig, self-organized sessions will not longer happen in community rooms but on several stages that are organised by adjacent and clustering assemblies. Details still need to be sorted out, but we will form a cluster with other freedom fighting NGOs and our friends from European Digital Rights. Find some more information about this in Erik Albers' blog post.