I ♥ Free Software
Valentines Day is a celebration of love and affection between intimate companions. This year why not take the opportunity to show you care about the people and Free Software that show you love all year round? Here are our suggestions for making this February the fourteenth a very special day.
This time it's personal
Behind every Free Software initiative and organisation are real, hard-working people. Show them that you appreciate their work – it could make all the difference!
- Send them a message thanking them for their work
- Buy your favourite project some chocolates
- Hug a developer (ask permission first!)
- Buy your favourite developer a drink
- Send a book to your favourite contributor
Money can't buy you love...
… But it can help to fight for your freedom. Donate to a Free Software initiative to express your gratitude. Organisations like FSFE depend on your contribution to continue their work. Check out your favourite organisation and make a donation. You can be sure they will love you back.
Show your love
This sticker is available in our shop.
Spread your love of Free Software
- Put an “I love Free Software” sticker on your car, window, or luggage.
- Wear Free Software shirts and sweaters. If you need new stuff, you can order some from us, or from your favourite Free Software project.
- Send us pictures of how you're expressing your feelings for Free Software. Tag your pictures and messages with #ilovefs. We'll publish them on our website, making a gallery of expressive Free Software lovers from around the world!
For your website or blog
We also have the graphics available in scalable SVG format if you need to make adjustments. We welcome translations of these graphics: Please send your finished translations to firstname.lastname@example.org to have them published here.
Thanks to Markus Meier for making the graphics!