Call for sessions at the FSFE assembly during 35C3
In the context of the 35th Chaos Communication Congress happening from December 27th to 30th in Leipzig, the FSFE is happy to host an assembly again, acting as an information booth and a meeting point for our friends and all friends of Free Software. As in previous editions, we offer attention and a stage for self-organised sessions by and for our community, and this is our call for participation.
For our sessions at the FSFE assembly, we are looking for inspiring talks, hands-on workshops, community/developer/strategy meetings or any other public, informative or collaborative activities. Topics can be anything that is about or related to Free Software. We welcome technical sessions but even more we encourage to give non-technical talks that address philosophical, economical or other aspects of/about Free Software, in particular about growing diverse communities. We also enjoy sessions about related subjects that have a clear connection to Free Software, for example privacy, data protection, sustainability and similar topics. Finally, we welcome all backgrounds – from your private project to global community projects.
Do you have something different in mind? For our friends, it is also possible to have informal meetings, announcements or other activities at our assembly. In this case, get in touch and we will see what we can do.
If you are interested in hosting a session at the FSFE assembly, please apply before
** Sunday, November 18, 18:00 UTC **
by sending an email to Galia Mancheva (OpenPGP) with the subject “Session at 35C3” and use the following template:
- Title: name of your session
- Description: description of your session
- Type: talk / discussion / meeting / workshop …
- Tags: put useful tags here
- Link: (if there is a helpful link)
- Expected number of participants: 20 or less / up to 50 / up to 100 / beyond
- About yourself: some words about you/your biography
You will be informed latest on Monday, November 26, if your session is accepted.
- You do not need to be a supporter of the FSFE to host a session. On the contrary, we welcome external guests.
- Please, note we do not guarantee you a ticket. If you convince us pretty soon, however, we might be able to offer you a voucher for the pre-sale. Else, please check the CCC-announcements and proceed according to their requirements for the tickets.
- If your session is accepted we will happily take care of its proper organisation, advertising and everything else that needs to be done. You are then welcome to simply come and give/host your session.
- For your inspiration to this call, see our sessions during 34C3, 33C3 and 32C3.
- Since the CCC moved to Leipzig, stage details still need to be sorted out, and you will be informed in time.
Please, share this call with your friends and/or your favourite mailing list.