Atenção: Esta página ainda não foi traduzida. Você está a ver a versão original da página. Por favor, consulte esta página para saber como ajudar com a tradução e fazer outras contribuições.
Document Freedom Day 2010
Free your documents, save your information!
Will you be able to read your documents 20 years from now? Every day, millions of computer users like you edit text and spreadsheets, take pictures and record audio and video. What if you couldn't read your private letters anymore, or even open that album with pictures from your honeymoon? What if you couldn't exchange those files with friends, because the software used by each one of you can't talk to each other? To help you make your documents future-proof, we celebrate Document Freedom Day on March 31.
Any person can save documents in open document formats, which are based on Open Standards, and be sure that people will be able to read those files, independently of the software they use. Anyone can build applications that read and write files in these formats. The Internet was built upon Open Standards, and that's why you see so much innovation online.
On Document Freedom Day, we will raise awareness for Open Document Formats and Open Standards by organizing activities all over the world together with partner organizations and volunteers.
During the whole month of March, we will spread the word on open document formats and Open Standards. We will publish information, talk to the press, tell our friends about it, and spread the DFD logo all over the Internet.
There are many ways to take part on this campaign, so pick one and join us:
- Put a banner in your website, linking to DFD website. You can find banners in our Artwork Website.
- Publish a blog post on Document Freedom Day, or Open Standards, and spread the word about the campaign. Send us a link, and we'll include it in the DFD website.
- Use your microblog to spread DFD news and articles! Tag them using !dfd or #dfd2010
- Organize an activity in your city on March 31st. For ideas on activities, check the Document Freedom Day website.
- Donate money to DFD. Your contribution makes Document Freedom Day possible!
- Become a partner organization. Contact our Campaign Team on how to do that.
Want to find out more about Open Standards?
Document Freedom Day is about helping you to really own your data. You shouldn't be tied to particular applications for living your life in the digital world, and you shouldn't have to use any specific software to deal with your government, your school or anyone else.
For more information on Document Freedom Day, visit our website: www.documentfreedom.org
DFD Campaign Coordinator
Email: weiden -at- fsfeurope.org
Tel: +41 76 4021866