Call for sessions "about:freedom" during 36C3
In the context of the 36th Chaos Communication Congress happening from December 27th to 30th in Leipzig, the FSFE is happy to host an assembly again inside the cluster "about:freedom". We offer attention and a stage for self-organised sessions by and for our community and friends, and this is our call for participation.
For our sessions at the FSFE assembly, we are looking for inspiring talks, hands-on workshops, community/developer/strategy meetings or any other public, informative or collaborative activities. Topics can be anything that is about or related to Free Software – from your private project to global community projects. While we welcome submissions on technical topics, we also further encourage non-technical talks that address philosophical, political, economical, and/or other aspects regarding Free Software, particularly for this year related to digital sustainability. As part of our cluster about:freedom, we also look forward to sessions about related subjects that have a clear connection to Free Software, in particular privacy, data protection, encryption, the commons and internet policies.
For our friends, it is also possible to have informal meetings, announcements or other activities at our assembly. In this case, get in touch and we will see what we can do. If you are a musician and like to help forming our first Free-Software-song sing-along big band, please also get in touch.
If you are interested in hosting a session, please apply before
** Wednesday, November 20, 18:00 UTC **
by sending an email to Erik Albers (OpenPGP) with the subject “Session at 36C3” and use the following template:
- Title: name of your session
- Description: description of your session
- Type: talk / discussion / meeting / workshop …
- Length: 30 / 60 / 90 / 120 min
- Tags: put useful tags here
- Link: (if there is a helpful link)
- Expected number of participants: 20 or less / up to 50 / up to 100 / beyond
- About yourself: some words about you/your biography
- Time limitations: exclude days or times you are not able to present
You will be informed latest on Wednesday, November 27, if your session is accepted.
Good to know
- Be aware that an acceptance in our call does not guarantee or offer you a ticket! Please check the CCC-announcements and proceed according to their requirements for the tickets.
- If your session is accepted we will happily take care of its proper organisation, advertising and everything else that needs to be done. You are then welcome to simply come and host your session.
- For your inspiration see our sessions during 35C3, 34C3, 33C3 and 32C3.
Please, share this call with your friends and/or your favourite channels.