The FSFE is looking for an office assistant
We are looking for an office assistant for 20-25 hours per week in our Berlin office. As part of our office management team you will organise the FSFE's day-to-day operations. Your job will be to provide clerical support to our staff and coordinate daily administrative activities.
Our ideal candidate has experience as an office administrator, secretary, event organiser, or another relevant administrative role. As a family friendly organisation we can offer flexible working hours.
About the FSFE
Free Software Foundation Europe is a charity that empowers users to control technology. Software is deeply involved in all aspects of our lives and it is important that technology empowers rather than restricts us. Free Software gives everybody the rights to use, understand, adapt, and share software. These rights help support other fundamental freedoms like freedom of speech, press, and privacy.
The FSFE helps individuals and organisations to understand how Free Software contributes to freedom, transparency, and self-determination. It enhances users' rights by abolishing barriers to Free Software adoption, encourages people to use and develop Free Software, and provides resources to enable everyone to further promote Free Software in Europe.
We are involved in many activities in the legal, economic, political and technical areas around Free Software. Our work is made possible by a community of volunteers, supporters, donors, and staff. The office assistant's job will be to be the administrative backbone of our operations.
- Handle sourcing vendors, (re)-ordering, organising, invoicing, shipping, and the inventory for our information material and merchandise.
- Support volunteers and staff with logistics and send packages for running information booths.
- Book meetings and schedule events.
- Make travel arrangements.
- Process incoming letters and file them.
- Order office stationery, supplies and promotional materials.
- Organise, store, and print organisational documents as needed.
- Manage office equipment including organising smaller and bigger office supplies, assets inventory, and key management.
- Help to constantly improve our administrative processes.
- Proven experience as an administrator, administrative assistant, or another related role.
- Familiarity with office equipment.
- Very reliable, well-organised, and supportive of colleagues.
- Problem-solving attitude with an eye for detail.
- Fluency in written and spoken German, intermediate command of written and spoken English; other European languages are considered an asset.
- Experience with office management tools (Free Software tools are a plus).
We are looking for a reliable, well-organised, and punctual team player who will be part of our administrative backbone in Berlin and thus support the organisation in making the world better for future generations.
How to apply
To apply, please send a maximum one-page cover letter and a maximum two-page CV (only PDFs are accepted) by email to email@example.com, with the subject "organisational wizard". Please do not include pictures of yourself in the application.
Your personal data will be deleted 3 months after we have made our decision. The closing date for applications is Sunday, 2 January 2022.
Free Software is meant to serve everyone regardless of their age, ability or disability, gender identity, sex, race, nationality, religion or sexual orientation. Hence, we encourage applications from all backgrounds and promise to judge all applications on merit, without reference to any of the characteristics listed. To promote diversity and equality in the Free Software community, we shall give preference to applicants who identify as part of a traditionally marginalised demographic in technology for applications of equal strength.